We provide evaluation and treatment for the following conditions:
- Nasal allergies
- Asthma, chronic cough, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Frequent ear infections
- Allergic skin conditions (i.e. eczema, contact dermatitis, hives)
- Chronic sinus infections
- Reactions to insect stings
- Itchy, watery eyes
Our highly qualified staff can also help with administering the below treatments or tests.
- Allergy injections for patients with high environmental allergies.
- Lung function testing to evaluate for asthma.
- Nebulizer treatments for patients with flares in asthma symptoms.
- Injections to reduce severe reactions to poison ivy and insect stings.
When is the right time to see an allergist?
Read further to investigate what a Board Certified allergist like Allergy and Asthma Care of Waco’s Dr. Daftary can help you with. Allergists are able to diagnose patients accurately with respect to having allergic, non-allergic or mixed nasal symptoms and breathing difficulties. Appropriate therapy can therefore be recommended in consideration with patient needs.
Allergists can customize immunotherapy (allergy injection serum), which in studies has shown to be more effective than low dose injections often used by general practice physicians who practice allergy.
Allergists recommend avoidance measures, which is an important part in the overall prevention and treatment of allergy.
Allergists improve quality of life and reduce health care costs. Allergists are internists, pediatricians or medical/pediatric physicians who do a subspecialty fellowship in allergy and immunology.